Critical Intercultural approach
- CommuPro has developed a critical intercultural learning approach.
- We emphasize not only the effectiveness of learning a foreign language, but also the interculturality that develops throughout the process.
- Your conscious and subconscious minds will be trained together to help you acquire the language within the shortest period of time.
- You will begin your language learning journey from very simple, easy vocabulary and sentence patterns and will be guided to construct your own conversation.
- Through task completion and critical thinking, you can handle the language easily and conduct yourself effectively in different cultural contexts.
- You are guided to interact with speakers of other languages on EQUAL TERMS.
Model of critical intercultural approach:
- Emphasis on instancy to provide learners with an enormous sense of satisfaction
- Training of learning independence
- Discussion and exchange of cultural fun facts
- Emphasis on compactness to consolidate learners’ knowledge
- Minimization of contact hours on the basis of consolidation
- Further training of learning independence
- Discussion, exchange and comparison of cultural fun facts
- Emphasis on profundity
- Higher fluency and accuracy are demanded
- Advanced training of learning independence
- Discussion and exchange of deeper cultural issues
- Emphasis on immensity
- A wide variety of themes are explored
- Independent learners automatically apply the language in a wide range of contexts
- Discussion, exchange, comparison of deeper cultural issues
- Emphasis on criticalness
- Proficiency is strongly emphasized
- Independent learners can criticize their own culture and the cultures concerning the target language
- Emphasis on creativity
- Strong emphasis on critical creativity
- Independent learners can identify the gap between different cultures and create new concepts by tapping into their knowledge of the two cultures and languages